Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Virtual Card Night

I get together with a small group of family and friends one a month to make cards. The group includes both my mom and my mother-in-law. There are five of us total and we take turns hosting each month.When its your turn to host, you are responsible for coming up with the cards everyone will make and supplying the materials. We all bring our own basics (scissors, adhesive, paper trimmer, etc.) but the rest is up to the host.

It was my turn to host in March- just as things were really starting to take off with Covid-19. We decided that it was probably safer to skip our usual March night and wait until April. Well, clearly things didn't get any better in April. SO... I decided we should try having a Zoom card night. I put together kits that included card stock, die cut pieces, and even two sets of stamps. Each card used the Lace Bouquet stamp set and many included greetings from the Think Big Favorites #16 set (bought for a bargain from Papertrey Ink's Blow Out Sale- amazing deals!).

Here is what I included in each kit:


I even included some snacks/dessert (FYI- those are Oreo Thins Bites, the White Fudge Dipped flavor, and they are soooooo good!)

Then I had a lovely (snowy!) afternoon driving around to everyone's houses and dropping off their envelope of goodies (Don't worry- I stayed at least 6ft away!). I told everyone to wait until our meeting to open them so they could find out what was inside together.

You can also see that I included pictures of the cards I made with the same supplies (of course adding in inks and white card stock). Here are bigger pictures of the cards:


  


   

  

 


 I'll be honest, most of these are not my original design. I found them online and copied many of them fairly closely. The purple Birthday Wishes card was all mine, however.

We had a great time and spent over three hours together on Zoom crafting and chatting and it was almost like we were together at one table. It worked out so well, we are trying it again this month. My mother-in-law will be hosting this time, and I'm looking forward to seeing what she has designed for us! 

If you have any questions on the supplies or techniques used on any of these cards, please leave a question in the comments below!
 

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! I think I need a virtual sewing retreat, which would be great since my 50-yr-old Kenmore is too heavy to take anywhere anyway. But then I might have to clean my sewing room. 🙄😂

    Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You only have to clean the area that is in view of the camera! :)

      Delete