Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Cheesecake!!!


I love cheesecake. Baking a cheesecake from scratch has been on my list of things to try for years. I bought a set of springform pans several years ago, but I didn't get around to actually making a cheese cake until this weekend. Oh my goodness! It was one of the most delicious desserts I've ever made!

I used a cheesecake recipe from The Kitchn and it was fabulous. Not only did the results turn out great, the recipe really walks you through every step and included helpful tips and information to help you get it right. Here is my cheesecake just after I put it in the oven:


 It baked beautifully, with no cracks (apparently cracks are an ever present danger in cheesecake making?). I did get one strange lump. I'm guessing it is a bubble that didn't make it all the way to the surface.


Of course the hard part is waiting to eat it. I baked this on Sunday to be our dessert on Monday. While it cooled on the counter, I pondered what to top it with. It was going to be a strawberry sauce until I remembered I had a bag of Cherry Berry Blend in the freezer.


I picked this up in the fall with no particular plans for it- I just though the mix of fruits sounded tasty. It was a perfect pick to go with the cheesecake. I did end up slicing up some fresh strawberries to go with it as well, and here is my final result

It was soooo good! Creamy and dense. I think this recipe would be considered New York Style cheesecake, as it includes sour cream. Whatever the style, it is a keeper and I will DEFINITELY be making this one again. In fact, my oldest has already said that he wants me to make this for his birthday in November!

My next cheesecake goal is to make a key lime cheesecake. I wonder if replacing the lemon juice in the recipe with key lime juice would be enough or if it would need more. Hmmmm... I might need to find some smaller springform pans to do some small batch testing. 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment