Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Mother's Day Cards

I made three Mother's Day cards this year, but only 2 designs. The first card I made, I made 2 of- one for my mom and one for my mother-in-law. I know they won't mind getting the same card, and for all the work that went into one, I figured I might as well make two at the same time.


The flowers were stamped with the Peaceful Reverie set from Altenew. I really like the stippled effect of the layering in this set. I used a combination of inks from My Favorite Things, Lawn Fawn, and Papertrey Ink.

Once the flowers were all stamped, I used the Double Cut Alphabet die set from Concord and 9th to die cut the letters from the front of the card. I cut the letters again from olive green card stock and pieced it all back together and inlaid it into the openings on the card front.

A quick banner and sentiment (from a retired My Favorite Things set), plus a bit of layering, and the cards were done!

A day or two after I finished these cards, my dad texted to ask if I could make him a card to give my mom as well. He's on the high-risk side and is trying very hard to stay away from stores and other public places when possible. So, back to my craft room I went.


This one went a little bit faster than the others, mostly because there was significantly less stamping. It uses a set called Welcome Home, from Altenew, along with just the "happy" half of a retired MFT Happy Birthday die, and the Lawn Fawn set Happy Happy Happy.


The final touch was the addition of some hot-fix rhinestones. I hadn't used them on a card before, but the iridescent color of them went so well with the purples and greens on the card that I just had to. I think they were the perfect touch. It's hard to see the sparkle they added from these pictures, but it was  very pretty in person.

As for receiving cards, my husband and both of my boys took over my craft room last Saturday and spent several hours making me cards. They all worked hard and made me some very lovely cards!






They made me heart shaped pancakes for breakfast on Sunday, and I had a lovely day. I hope you all had a nice Mother's Day as well.

I'd love to hear what you think of my cards. Please feel free to leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment