Wednesday, November 18, 2015

A Floral Birthday

My mom and I got together to play in my craft room last night. It was the third Tuesday of the month, and for the last 14 years or so we have been getting together with a few other women to make cards on the third Tuesday. This month it was just the two of us. I had some new things to play with and my mom needed a birthday card to send to her mother. This was what I came up with:


 The roses and leaves are from the Papertrey Ink set The Sweet Life. They are stamped in Stampin Up! inks. The pinks are all retired colors (Pretty in Pink, Rose Romance, and Pink Passion) but the greens are still current colors (Old Olive and Garden Green). The greeting is from another PTI set, Graceful Greetings, and stamped in Versa Fine Onyx Black ink.

It is a bit hard to see in the pictures, but after the front panel was stamped, cut out a square frame from it using the largest die in the Stitched Square Frames die set from My Favorite Things. I then cut four more frames from plain white card stock and layered them all together with the stamped frame on top. Everything was pieced back together on the 5"x5" card base. Finally, although it doesn't really show in the pictures, I carefully went over the lettering with a bit of clear Wink of Stella

I feel like it still needs something, but I can't put my finger on what it is. I tried a few sequins, but I don't think that's it. Maybe some Wink of Stella on the flowers? I don't know. Oh, well! This one doesn't have an intended recipient right now anyway (my mom made her own version to mail to her mom).

Hope you liked the card and thanks for checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment