Monday, May 9, 2016

Creative Critters

The current challenge at the Art Impressions blog is "Creative Critters" in honor of their new mini spinner sets. I happened to pick up one of the new sets at the Adventures in Stamping show a few weeks ago, but I happened to choose the one that doesn't include a critter! No worries though- I discovered that the party hat in the Mini Cake Spinner set fit perfectly on Little Whoot!



The cake, hat, and Little Hoot were all stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers. I tried to get some shading/blending but I'm still learning with those. It took a bit of creative masking and the help of my MISTI to squeeze an extra "o" into the greeting (It originally said "who's" with one o), but with that cute owl it HAD to be done!

 


The rest of the layers were various bits of card stock and pattered paper, die cut with an array of circles, scalloped circles, stitched circles, and rectangles.

I even included another Little Hoot on the inside of the card along with a fun message (from a Stampin Up! set that is probably long retired)


The best part of this card is the spinning action. You wind up the little cake and then close the card and tuck it in the envelope. When the recipient opens it, the cake spins. Check out the little video below to see the cake in action (it's my first attempt at uploading video, so I hope it works!)


My husband tried to convince me that I should let him have the completed card because he needs to give someone a birthday card soon. Of course, that "someone" is ME! (I told him no! He's still got a month to find his own card.)

Thank you for checking out my card! Please leave me a comment if you stopped by- I'd love to know who's peeking at my creations!

Art Impressions Blog

1 comment:

  1. Finally made it to see the video on my PC. Very cool! You've done a splendid job on this card! Funny about your husband! At least he has good taste in cards. ;)

    ReplyDelete