Sunday, March 27, 2016

A Few Birthday Cards

Last weekend we celebrated an early Easter with my husbands family and while we were at it, we threw in three birthdays for good measure. Here are the cards I made:


 This card went to my father-in-law, and was done with a bokeh technique I learned about here. The background came together pretty quickly and I was happy with the results. I stamped on a Papertrey Ink sentiment (from the Graceful Greetings set) and glued on some faceted gem-like things I picked up at a stamp convention a few years ago. Overall, a very pretty card!



 This card was for my nephew, who is turning 12 next month. It's a pretty simple card- just a navy base with the negative bits from the Papertrey Quatrefoil Coverplate die cut from patterned paper glued in place (I used the rest of the die cut as a template to place the pieces). Then I used versamark and white embossing powder to add the greeting (from Papertrey, stamped multiple times).



The last card was for my niece, who turned 10 earlier this month. The popsicle stamps and greeting are from the Summer Sweetness set from Papertrey. After stamping the popsicle and drips in orange dye ink, I stamped over them with versamark and heat embossed with clear powder to give it that shiny popsicle look. The patterned paper was from a 6x6 paper stack my husband gave me for Christmas. It was a perfect pair for this stamp set!

Thanks for checking out my cards!

2 comments:

  1. Each card is terrific! Your designs and color combos are lovely and seem so appropriate for each recipient. Nice, and very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! They were fun to make! :)

    ReplyDelete